Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
The registration deadline for the fall youth indoor soccer league is Sept. 12! There are a few great reasons to register your child or child's whole team for indoor soccer this fall:
Weekday evening games. This league is perfect if you need to do other things on Saturday, including other soccer leagues. This means an outdoor team can play it's regular games on Saturday and get an extra game indoor during the week!
- Two words: inside and heaters. This one is mostly for parents. You don't need to worry about being wet and cold as you watch your child! Sit comfortably on our bleachers and if it gets cold enough, we'll turn on the heaters for you. Plus, no need to worry about muddy cleats in your car on the way home.
- Non-competitive play. We don't keep track of the score or standings. Sports leagues at the Y are all about youth development, including learning, exercise, and fun!
- Inexpensive. At the Y, we strive to make our programs affordable for everyone. You won't find a sports league this inexpensive anywhere else. We also offer scholarships for those who cannot afford our fees. Did you know about 10% of all youth sports participants received a scholarship last year?
Details and registration forms are available at http://www.skagitymca.org/; a separate team registration form and pricing is available. Contact Sports Director Erin Hickman at 360-336-9622 or email@example.com.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
- Youth Development: because young people need caring adults to provide support, guidance, and encouragment as they grow.
- Healthy Living: because wellness in spirit, mind, and body strengthens our very being and enhances our interactions with others.
- Social Responsbility: because we truly are in this together, and together we can harness our individual strength and bring about positive change around us.